We are a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity that is for the birds. Today the legacy of charitable giving is more relevant than ever. It’s the idea that YOU, our members, supporters, and donors, are the true foundation that enables us to save birds’ lives every day with your contributions to The Gabriel Foundation’s programs. We are ALWAYS in need of these supplies and any help you can provide is so appreciated.
Amazon Wish List:
We’ve put together a wish list on Amazon.com to make it quick and easy to send a donation off to us: Amazon.com Wish List
Enrichment Supplies (Suggested Websites):
- Rope perches with hardware: www.avianenrichment.com & www.naturalinspirationsparrotcages.com
- Natural cotton or manila rope: www.webriggingsupply.com
- Stainless steel perch holders: www.naturalinspirationsparrotcages.com
- Bird-safe toys of all sizes – there are many marvelous bird toys out there, too numerous to list; many of these companies are supportive of parrot welfare and may offer a discount to items shipped directly to The Gabriel Foundation upon mention.
Toy Parts (Suggested Websites):
- Stainless steel chain: www.batzusa.com/node/649
- Untreated wood perches with stainless steel hardware
- The Gabriel Foundation is always in need of new or used cages. Our biggest need is large cages for medium to large birds. Please contact us for further information if you have a cage you want to donate.
- Home Depot: Hardware and supplies for aviary, cage and flight enrichment, hoses and nozzles
- Office Max, Staples or Office Depot: Office and filing supplies, ink & toner cartridges, paper, white boards
- Costco, WalMart, Sam’s Club & Target: Supplies & Groceries
- Safeway, King Soopers (Kroger), Sprouts, Albertsons & Vitamin Cottage: Fresh food for our flock
Food for the Birds:
- Whole nuts in shell: Almonds, filberts, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, pine nuts and Brazil nuts
- Harrison’s Bird Diets, Lafeber’s Daily Diet, Avicakes & Nutriberries, Roudybush pelleted bird diets; ZuPreem pelleted bird diets.
Donate Your Vehicle – Any Vehicle, Anywhere:
- Instead of selling, trading or storing your vehicle, you can make a donation and receive a tax deduction: www.vehiclesforcharity.org
- Clean, bundled newspapers, insert filler removed
- Newspaper end rolls
- Paper egg cartons
- Paper towel rolls
- Adding machine paper rolls
- Cardboard boxes for foraging
- Gently used towels
- Clean phone books
- Poly fleece to make braided preening toys
- Clean, used t-shirts to make braided preening toys
The Gabriel Foundation encourages non-cash donations to help us provide for our flock. If you have other items that you would like to donate, please contact us.