Volunteer With The Gabriel Foundation
We have many daily, weekly and monthly tasks that make a complete difference in the lives of the flock at The Gabriel Foundation. We welcome the interested public, rescue, sanctuary, welfare organizations, veterinarians and members to participate in hands-on care of the aviary and the birds.
TGF willingly provides its materials to interested volunteers to distribute appropriately in their local area. The Foundation has developed a volunteer training manual for training, teaching, educational and safety purposes.
General Volunteering Information
We have great need for daily volunteers to assist at our Aviary & Adoption Center in Elizabeth, Colorado. We have a long list of volunteer work and projects that match your experience, available time, goals and interest. Daily shifts available for volunteers are 9AM – 12PM and 1 PM-4PM.
Many volunteers work directly with our birds:
- Changing / examining papers
- Food & water distributions
- Cage & flight inspections
- Food preparation
- Distributing toys for the birds cages and environments.
- Leading or assisting with public outreach events (Petco, Chuck & Don’s, local nursery’s etc.)
- Conducting Aviary tours
- Bird transports
We also have plenty of non-bird-related tasks, including:
- Making toys for the birds cages and environments.
- Facility cleaning
- Organization or construction duties
- Grounds cleanup
- Putting away donated items
- Flight maintenance
- Performing runs to retrieve donated food, newspapers, or large items.
- Data entry & clerical work
- Volunteers be at least 12 years old, and volunteers 12-16 years old must be accompanied by a parent or adult.
- Volunteers must attend an orientation session before starting, these are typically held on the first Saturday of the month.
- Volunteers are required to commit to volunteer 3 hours (1 shift) per week or 6 hours (double shift) biweekly for 6 months.
- If I become a volunteer, I agree to a six month commitment of 3 hours a week or 6 hours every other week.
- As a volunteer, I will attend orientation, training and continuing education programs
- As a volunteer, I will be reliable, dependable and professional while representing TGF
A heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who has generously given their time. You are all appreciated – TGF is fortunate to have you on our team!
For information on extended visitor volunteer opportunities with The Gabriel Foundation, please click here.